Importing from Endnotes and Editors to Contributors

A few people have mentioned the problem of grabbing library references and Editors are made contributors. This I take it is due to the way the library handles these in their markup. Anyhow, with Endnotes imports this also happens. I'm not sure why. The editors field is marked as ED in my export style. Could this not be correctly targeted to the Editors field? Or am I overlooking something? I also tried A2 and A3 but everything other than the author goes into the contributor field. Thanx.
  • philosopherdog, I noticed the same problem, but thought it was related to my German localization. I'm planning to transfer my huge Endnote Library to Zotero. I started with a test of 150 records. It is very cumbersome to change all these collaborators to editors, especially as there are in some type of publications many editors ;-)

So I would be happy if this problem could be solved. Any chance?
  • After three days of sometime desperate trials I finally found a solution! Read my report.
  • Thanks for the report petzi, I've been putting off switching to Zotero because of the lack of a descent export from endnote. Your report has given me a solution.
    Long live open source