issue modifying zotero citations created by another user

Hi,

So my coworker and I are having the following issue: she will create a document with zotero citations, bibliography, etc. and send it to me. I edit it, and maybe add some citations, modify existing ones. We both have access to the same shared library.

When I try to make changes to documents that I did not create (but have access to the relevant library), I get an error that says the database cannot be found and prompts me to tell zotero where each reference is every time it's cited.

Is there some sort of shared library or flexible paths options that we're missing here? Telling zotero where each ref is after it's already been inserted is a bit of a timesuck.

edit: Additionally, we've noticed that sometimes several citations will be converted to plain text (not citekeys--for example MS Word interprets them as simply superscripted numbers) when I hit refresh.
  • edited July 24, 2013
    Check that you are storing references in the document.

http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage

Another thing to do is that your coauthor should check if she is citing the items from the group instead of her "My Library". If she edits citation details (e.g. add a page number in a citation), it shows a button that tells which library the item resides in.
  • In general this should work with a shared library, even without storing references in the doc.
    How exactly are you sharing the library?