Journal of Neurosurgery style issues

I'm new to Zotero and it's a great idea.

I am having trouble with the Journal of Neurosurgery style.
I recently submitted a manuscript to the Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine and it was unsubmitted because the citations were listed incorrectly. The date needs to be listed at the end, according to the following example they provided:
"Coubes P, Cif L, El Fertit H, Hemm S, Vayssiere S, Picot MC, et al: Electrical stimulation of the globus pallidus internus in patients with primary generalized dystonia: long-term results. J Neurosurg 101:189-194, 2004"
Can this style be modified according to these instructions? Alternatively, how can I make these changes myself?

Ultimately this style should be updated in the repository.
I am hesitant to fork the current style, but I need to get this manuscript resubmitted today or tomorrow. I'm happy to edit it myself or just edit locally. Please help. Thanks!
  • the style looks correctly to me - what is the problem with the output specifically? What are you getting?
  • edited July 22, 2013
    The date is not appearing at the end, as in the previous example.

Here is an example of an output from my document:
    3. Chin KR, Eiszner JR, Adams SB: Role of Plate Thickness as a Cause of Dysphagia After Anterior Cervical. Spine 32:2585–2590, 2007, 10.1097/BRS.0b013e318158dec8

As you can see, it looks very different from how they would like it to look. First, the date does not appear at the end. Second, the reference is not indented after the number. Third, the funky number appears at the end for no apparent reason.

Thanks!
  • edited July 22, 2013
    That's what you wrote, but it looks right for me. What is an example citation you're getting?
    edit: nevermind
  • oh OK, so the problem is only that the DOI appears at the end. That's an easy fix, I should be able to fit that in today.
  • Great thanks! Can you also make the text after a carriage return indented? Look at the Vancouver (superscript) style for what I mean.
  • Okay great. That would be awesome.
    The only other problem I'm having with Zotero is that, every time I regenerate the bibliography, it makes it double-space. The rest of the document is single-spaced. I've set the Default paragraph to be single-space, I've edited the Bibliography style to be single-space and set it as default for all documents, I've even opened up the normal.dotm template file to make sure the Bibliography style was single-space. What's going on?
  • Here are the JNS Instructions for Authors if you're interested:
    http://jnsspine.msubmit.net/html/Instructions_to_Authors_DEC11.pdf
  • The style is now fixed.
    Will definitely fix the first two issue, may fix the spacing as well - let me know.

The updated version will appear on the repository within 30mins (check the timestamp). Update your copy of the style by re-installing it from the repository. (See here if you need instructions for installing styles in standalone.)

Styles should also update automatically within 24hs for Zotero 4.0+
    In an existing document, you may have to switch to a different style and back for the changes to take effect once the style is updated.
    Any further problems please let us know.
  • Great! Thanks a lot. You're the best.
    Everything looks really good. Single-spaced and all.
    I'll let you know if I have any other problems.
  • Can anyone there lemme know the name of the style used for bibliography in journal of neurosurgery