Easy search in Subfolders

I'm using Zotero now for half a year or so and it's exactly what im looking for. I use it just as a place where I can find Docs, notes for projects and so. Instead of save everything on Harddisk I have a place whith structure and possibilities to find it again in a order manner. super

It would be maybe more convinient to do a standard search within the select folder and subfolders. There is an option in the advanced search but maybe a global parameter "search in subfolders" would be helpfull.
The reason is that i have a lot of indexed items with the same technical words. Do a search in the main library produce a lot results. For an advanced search I have to work through the filter.
If something like is already existing or stated elsewhere than I'm sorry.
  • not sure I get you right - but if you have a collection or subcollecitn selected and use the quick search bar zotero only searches in that collection.
  • Is using the recursiveCollections pref not an adequate work-around?
    http://www.zotero.org/support/hidden_prefs
  • Hello,

Sorry for my long absence..

@noksagt: Thanks for your tip, that did the job!
  • The solution works but it's a little dirty workaround. Consider the normal folder and sub-folder file system in windows. When you are in the folder, you won't see the files inside the sub-folder but when you search in the folder, it will display the results from the sub-folder as well. That's what I would like to see in Zotero.
  • You can do that in the advanced search (by selecting "include subcollections")
  • Awesome. Thanks Adam! I wish we can set the include subcollection as default behavior for search. But, at least there's option to do that.

Loving Zotero!
  • I'd like to throw in a vote for an option to set the "include subcollections" default default behavior in the preferences window.