Turabian Title Title Case

Just curious. Most of the items I add to my database are added via ISBN. In almost every import the title is set at lowercase of Sentence case. Is there anyway to set the CSL to set as Title Case?
  • yes there is. Is that supposed to be the case for Turabian? We do it for Chicago Manual, but I thought Turabian was still at sentence case?

Definitely keep the items in sentence case.
  • edited July 21, 2013
    From section 17.1.2 of the Turabian Eighth edition (Samples shown us Title case):

Capitalize most titles and subtitles headline style; that is, capitalize the first letter of the first and last words of the title and subtitle and all major words. For foreign-language titles, use sentence-style capitalization; that is, capitalize only the first letter of the first word of the title and subtitle and any proper nouns and proper adjectives that would be capitalized under the conventions of the original language (in some Romance languages, proper adjectives and some proper nouns are not capitalized).

Turabian, Kate L. (2013-04-09). A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, Eighth Edition: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and) (Kindle Locations 5341-5346). University of Chicago Press. Kindle Edition.
  • great - I didn't see they had a new version out, was about time - that brings this in line with CMoS.
    Good chance there'll be other problems, feel free to let us know. I'm not going to buy Turabian to fix this up - I think people should just use Chicago Manual - but if you or others report errors I'll fix them.
  • Also in Seventh Edition:

Capitalize most titles and subtitles headline style; that is, capitalize the first letter of the first and last words of the title and subtitle and all major words. For foreign-language titles, use sentence-style capitalization; that is, capitalize only the first letter of the first word of the title and subtitle and any proper nouns and proper adjectives thereafter.

Turabian, Kate L.; Williams, Joseph M.; Colomb, Gregory G.; Booth, Wayne C. (2009-12-01). A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, Seventh Edition: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing) (pp. 167-168). University of Chicago Press. Kindle Edition.
  • These styles are so close I too think they should be one...
  • I'm meticulous about keeping Chicago Manual up to date and correct, so generally you'll have a better experience with that.
  • Turabian now also title cases

The updated version will appear on the repository within 30mins (check the timestamp). Update your copy of the style by re-installing it from the repository. (See here if you need instructions for installing styles in standalone.)

Styles should also update automatically within 24hs for Zotero 4.0+
    In an existing document, you may have to switch to a different style and back for the changes to take effect once the style is updated.
    Any further problems please let us know.