Relocating PDF storage folder

Hello everyone,

I download all PDFs for references kept in Zotero to single folder (outside the firefox profile) and then link them to references. I recently moved from windows to linux keeping the relative path of the zotero database and the PDF folder the same. The problem is that now I can not 'Go to the PDF' from within Zotero as it seems Zotero stored full path names. Could someone point me to a way of transforming path stored in zotero database for all PDF files?
I read somewhere in threads that Zotero has planned feature for allowing storage of PDF files outside of the profile. Is it available in development version and expected to help with the above?

thanks
shalin
  • And as usual, no answer.
  • (also not sure what the point of "as usual" is - you've gotten dozens of answers here over the years)
  • No need to be overly sensitive, Adam. I mean nothing personal to you. I have looked for answers to a variety of questions over the years on the forums and have run into a lot of deadend inquiries such as this one. That is why I think it is not unusual. Hard to believe you took the time to find out how many of my queries have been answered (and by the way, not all of them very satisfactorirly).

OK, so since you are now listening (or reading), can you you tell me if it is possible to automatically download a pdf to a folder/directory other than the default storage folder in the Zotero data folder. For example, can I set up Zotero to automatically download the pdf of a citation from, say JSTOR, and have that pdf go into a folder named Articles on my hard drive rather than into the default storage folder? At one time, I thought I had set this up with Zotero and/or Zotfile, but it no longer works, if it ever did.
  • Zotfile is the (only) way to go & it does work to do that, can't tell you why it doesn't work for you.
  • OK. Thanks for the quick response.