Zotero won't save citation although it says that is saving

After I have found an article in pubmed I try to save it, zotero says "saving citation in my library" but the citation does not appear in my library
  • Me too! I have tried quiting firefox, re-opening, and trying again. Ahh!
  • I do have the same problem: citations from PUBMED that were saved to my library on 3rd july 2013 do NOT appear in my library.
    However, saved citations from AMAZON are shown in my library.
  • Might be a problem due to changes in NCBI PubMed/Medline XMLs (received an update as MEDLINE licensee couple of weeks ago).

Submitted debug log, with the Debug ID - D1916826270.

Relevant error seems to be:
    [JavaScript Error: "XML or text declaration not at start of entity" {file: "http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20118365" line: 1 column: 19 source: "<PubmedArticleSet><?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>"}]
  • edited July 3, 2013
    I have the same problem today.
    Amazon works but pubmed not.
    Hopefully anybody of the zotero team is already working on a solution....
  • I confirm that this only affects Pubmed -and in all possible formats-. Direct import from referenced journals works as usual.

A modified import filter will be required for Pubmed.
  • pubget.com is also not working.....
  • Now it works again! Thank you dear Zotero team!
  • Pubmed works (again?) for me.
    Pubmed's API (i.e. the server from which Zotero gets the XML it imports) has had temporary outages over the last half year or so. There is absolutely nothing we can do about that and in most cases this just starts working again after a couple of hourse or so. Since the pubget translator mainly looks up PMIDs on pubmed it is equally affected.

As a workaround, you can use "Send to" ---> File ---> XML, save that file and import it with Zotero. That option typically still works.

Ideally Zotero should throw an error when that happens, though, I thought we had that covered now.
  • Thank you so much for explanation! It really looks like a PubMed problem...