How does one set the time or date in Zotero?

I live in Australia on the East Coast and consequently at this point in time it is 12:56am 2 July 2013 yet Zotero keeps using 1 July 2013 as the date until around 11am which is when, I assume, it turns 12am in Zotero's country of origin. Is it possible to get Zotero and its chrome extension to use my local time instead of whatever time it's using?
  • What's the problem you're seeing, exactly? Where are you seeing the date being wrong?
  • Under the date info section in the citation. It also pops up because of this in my citation. It says cited: (wrong date) in the citation (I'm using Vancouver).
  • edited July 1, 2013
    Here's a sample citation I copied to clipboard from Zotero: "1. Filiotou A, Vaiopoulos G, Capsimali V, Stavrianeas N, Kaloterakis A. Acute intermittent porphyria and systemic lupus erythematosus: report of a case and review of the literature. Lupus [Internet]. 2002 Mar 1 [cited 2013 Jul 1];11(3):190–2. Available from: http://lup.sagepub.com/content/11/3/190" It is July 2 here not Jul 1 even though this was accessed July 2 in my time.
  • so that's the accessed date.
    The first thing to check would be to create a new item (from anywhere) and check if the access date in the right-hand panel in Zotero is indeed not the local one.
    If that's indeed the case - and it shouldn't - Zotero takes the accessed time/date form your computer's time - this could happen if you're saving items directly to the Zotero server (i.e. don't have Standalone open when using the Chrome connector or the bookmarklet) in which case I believe you'd get the server's time.
  • The accessed date in the right-hand panel is my local time.
  • so are you saying that the access date in the right hand panel and for citations isn't the same? i.e. for the item you cite above, the access date in Zotero is July 2?
  • Dan - any idea? I'm surprised that's at all possible, I thought the accessed date was stored and passed on as an absolute value w/o timezone or the like?
  • just out of curiosity - how are you creating the citations?
  • edited July 1, 2013
    Basically what I do is I go into chrome and find the webpage, journal, book, w/e I'm citing, and use the Zotero plug-in to transfer the citation to Zotero standalone and then I go through the info right-hand panel and check all the information was transferred correctly (e.g. medscape seems to cause problems for the Zotero chrome plugin; it fails to recognise that there are authors given for the articles). Then I right-click the reference in Zotero standalone and make sure its set to Vancouver referencing style, its output mode is bibliography and that its output method is copy to clipboard and click OK and then I just paste my citations into MS Word.
  • thanks - that's perfectly normal, so that shouldn't have any effect.
  • Simon would know how the access date is passed on to citeproc-js.