how to share a library

Hi,

I'd like to share my library with a colleague working remotely. How should I do this? I have tried starting a private group, and invited my colleague to join, but I cannot work out how to actually share my library.

Many thanks.
  • You cannot share your library. What you can do is to create a group, as you did, and then drag and drop the content of your library to the group.
  • Thanks mronkko. I tried that, but I suspect I'm not doing it correctly. I opened the group library in a new window, then tried dragging an item into the group library, where it currently says 'no items found'. All it did was open the item in my personal library!

If it's possible to drag the whole library across, I'd appreciate instructions for how to do this.

Thanks again.
  • you need to do this in the client - i.e. in Zotero Standalone or in the Zotero library you see when you click on Zotero at the bottom right of your Firefox. You can't do this online at all.
  • Ah, thanks for the reply. It brings me to another question. A few weeks ago I noticed that the Zotero icon at the bottom of my Firefox had disappeared - not sure why. Since then I've been using the web version. How do I get the standalone program back?
  • Just following these instructions.... it says "in the General tab of the preferences, check that the Zotero icon is set to appear".

There is no option for this in the General tab. Can I do this another way?
  • If you're looking at the right preferences they'd have a section "User Interface" and under that "Status Bar Icon" (which can be set to "Z" "Zotero" or "None"). Make sure it's not "None"
  • Good news - got it back now! I had 'status bar icon' set to 'Zotero', but for some reason it still wasn't showing in my status bar. I just tried changing it to 'Z', and that's showing up now, and the link is working.

Thanks for your help.