Storage on the Server

How often does the "storage" on the server get updated? I synced with server last night, and it still says that I have O megabytes of storage used. I didn't upload any pdfs so it could be less than 1 meg.
  • storage is only used by file attachments, not by metadata (which you can sync up to unlimited amount). I believe the storage amount should update immediately, but not 100% sure.
  • I have a slightly different question. I am using Zotero standalone and my account says I am using more than my allocated storage capacity, but the sync is not saying anything is wrong. Is everything being synced to the server or is it only partially syncing? This could be the case and I have not noticed because lately I have been on the same computer.
  • Zotero should typically tell you when you're above your storage quota - and it might do so anytime. But even if you're over your quota, your data will always sync, the storage limits only affects syncing of files/attachments (one reason you might not be getting a warning message is if you have file-syncing turned off)
  • Another question:

A year ago I got an error message when syncing saying I was out of storage space so I bought more. Now I go to renew and it says I'm allotted 300 MB free and I've used only 200 of them.

Seems to me that I don't need to renew. Thoughts?

Any idea what happened? Did they increase the free storage?

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Yes, the free storage has been increased from 100 to 300. If you are happy with that, then there is no need to renew. And you can purchase more storage later should you need more than the free 300.
  • Thanks adamsmith. Just to be clear: all the meta data will sync, but attachments won't? And all those will will remain on my computer? Also, if I was to log in from another device all the meta-data would be there, just not all the attachements themselves?
  • Yes x3.
    If you're not sure, you can check to see whether the data has synced to your online library on zotero.org, e.g. https://www.zotero.org/YOUR_USERNAME/items (there's a link at the top of this page: "My Library").