Turning off the auto-save of the "Amazon.com link"

How do I turn off the auto-save for the "amazon.com link" files that automatically get added after saving a book from Amazon? Thanks.
  • That's not possible, but why would you want to turn that off? It's not actually a file, so it doesn't take up any space on your harddisk and it's the only place where the amazon URL of a book gets saved.
  • Hmm... I was somehow able to avoid the inclusion of the link before 4.0.6 but after the update it is now being added again. I'd like to turn it off because once the Link is added there's an arrow next to the source making it appear, at first glance, that I have added notes. A blank source with no arrow had told me, in past versions, that I didn't have notes for that source. So now it seems I have to manually delete the Amazon Link every time I add a new source since I also have no personal need to save the link
  • you can add a "notes" column to the center pane that shows the number of notes for an item.
  • Ah, a handy fix. Many thanks
  • Also, the arrow on the left appears for any attachment (file, note, or link)