Separate reference lists in each chapter

Dear Colleagues!

I would be very grateful for your advice on how to incorporate reference lists at the end of each chapter of my book instead of the end of the whole document.

Many thanks!
  • Separate documents for each chapter.
  • Is this really the only option? I have the same problem. I am writing my thesis and need to have many chapters with their own reference list. It would be so much easier to have a "section break" in the reference manager as well.
    Nothing new developed??
  • It's the only option at present. I would guess this is not a high priority for the core developers, since (as far as I know) things work fine if the project is split into separate chapter documents. About all you would lose is the ability to automated page cross-references across chapter boundaries, I think, and that doesn't seem a major inconvenience.
  • Is there a way to stop updating references? For example, say I write 5 separate chapters, in 5 separate documents. Would I be able to combine these documents into 1 when I am completely done (in order to have continuous pages numbering and figures legends, etc) and not have the reference codes change?
  • Yes. Remove Zotero Fieldcodes:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage#other_plugin_buttons
  • Thank you, thank you, thank you! All my worries have disappeared! ...at least concerning this! :)
  • be sure to only ever remove fieldcodes on a copy of a document as this will permanently remove the connections between Zotero and the citations in the document.
  • I guess I'm out of luck. I'll have to remove field codes on copies and paste together. It's been over a year though. Have there been any updates that would enable this?
  • No, there haven't been any new developments in this line. The advice in this thread still holds.
  • edited July 16, 2013
    I would like to see a way to attach the bibliography by chapters too in the same document. Too bad this has not been addressed as this is a frequent requirement in thesis and book writings. I was hoping a simple edit function in the biblio management could be created to restructure the biblio list.