WebDAV syncing error HTTP 300

Hi

My syncing just stopped working. The only change that I am aware of might be the update to the recent Zotero version.

Report ID: 1181104549

Thanks for your help!
J
  • It is Zotero Standalone 4.0.6,
    I'm also having trouble syncing with ZotPad -- it seems with the Zotero Server, not with the WebDAV server, however.

Thanks
  • That's an error from your WebDAV provider (and not a common one). You'll have to talk to them.
  • If you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt I can give you a little more info on the specific trigger.
  • Hi Dan,

Thanks.
    The Debug ID is D952454632.

Best
    J
  • Try the latest 4.0 Branch dev XPI, which I believe will work around this.

(Technical explanation: In 4.0.6 we renamed a file that Zotero uses for WebDAV syncing from lastsync to lastsync.txt, since some WebDAV servers don't like files without extensions by default. It automatically transitions from one to the other, but your WebDAV server, trying to be helpful, is returning an unusual response:
    The document name you requested (/zotero/lastsync.txt) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested. Available documents: /zotero/lastsync (common basename)
    In the latest dev build, I've accounted for this possibility, having Zotero consider such a response to be equivalent to the file not existing. If this works, you should be able to switch back to 4.0.6 afterward, since Zotero should delete the obsolete 'lastsync' file automatically once it creates 'lastsync.txt'.)
  • Ok. Or can I just rename or delete the "lastsync" file on the server? (it seems to be 0 bytes anyway).

Thanks.
    J
  • edited April 22, 2013
    Deleting the file alone isn't a complete fix—Zotero wouldn't necessarily download files again until you next uploaded files. It'd be better for you to just to try the XPI. It's just 4.0.6 plus this fix, so there's no risk, and it'd be good to know if this is fixed.
  • The dev xpi fix fixed it. Zotero Standalone now syncs again.
    Thanks!
  • Great. Thanks. You can revert to the 4.0.6 XPI, if you haven't yet.