The "Z" disapeared!!

Firefox 20.0.1 was updated automatically: fine.
Since, the "Z" at the right bottom corner of the Firefox window disapeared. I can then not access my references list ... and I have a report to finish for tomorrow.
Zotero.sqlite still there. I did not record the Zotero version but I started to use it in 2011, maybe 2010).
How can I do? (I already tried to upload a more recent version of ZOTERO but could not succeed).
  • So you've downloaded the most recent version from zotero.org/download ?
    If you say "could not succeed" - what do you mean?

Beyond that: http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/no_status_bar_icon
  • Thank you for answering promptly.

From zotero.org, I have two options.

1)"download Zotero 4.0 for Firefox".
    The choice is then: "look for" (rechercher in French) or "record".

-"look for" => opens a Windows window "file association" where it is said that "you may find information on .xpi files". Further clicks leads to scans and commercial offers to get rid of the "wrong file association"

-"record" => invites to record the "zotero-4.0.4.xpi file" but where?

2)"Add a plugin for Word or LibreOffice"

The click leads to "Installing Word Processor Plugins for Zotero 3.0-4.0 for Firefox".

There is a comment:
    Windows
    The latest version of the Word for Windows plugin for Zotero 3.0+ is 3.1.12 (compatible with Word 2003-2013 and Firefox 17-20). Word 2010 Starter Edition is not supported.

And I am under WORD 2010.

Here is the situation.
  • If you left click on "Zotero 4.0 for Firefox" while browsing with Firefox this should automatically install/update Zotero (you need to allow that action, but there will be a pop-up).
    If that's not the case, something would seem to be more fundamentally wrong with your Firefox installation. Try if you can install any add-on from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

If, as I'd suspect, that's not the case, you'll need to ask for help at mozilla support.
  • edited April 16, 2013
    I've the same issue. Upgraded to firefox 20.1 and the icon disappeared.

When I click on the Zotero menu item in Option menu, it says something like "an error occured starting Zotero" (only in Dutch).

I solved this by reinstalling the addon from the homepage.

My reference library was still there and it synced from online.