Following and reading favorite subjects

Hi all,

I'm a longtime user of zotero for research projects. Recently I have started trying to use it as my bookmark manager as well. What I lack in my digital ecosystem is a way to follow sites, organized by subject and tags. What do you all use? I think it would be pretty neat to be able to use zotero as a platform for reading one's favorite sites in addition to archiving and organizing articles.

- j
  • Newsblur - not bad but no tagging functionality and limited number of sites in the free version

Netvibes - unique interface but seems harder to set up
  • I use Google reader where I have a lot of journal RSS feeds organized into folders. Works well and is lightweight and easy solution.
  • yeah, except that reader is shutting down...http://googlereader.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/powering-down-google-reader.html
  • Google reader is the most popular solution. Even as it is set to shutdown many services have implented ways to import your feed ie feedly. However, a non-google based solution is preferable (not using it for a log-in or the reader back-end). Archiving, organizing, bookmarking, and reading should be seamless. Actions such as pushing a blog post or article to Readability/Pocket/Instapaper is a very basic requirement.