Translation problems with infotrac

I've just started using zotero and have experienced a problem attempting to save an article in the 19th Century U.S. Nespapers database (hosted by Infotrac). I had a newspaper icon in my url box but received an error message: "Could not save item. An error occurred while saving this item."

Is there somewhere I can look for advice? The link on the error message suggested I upgrade to the newest version of the program, and mentioned the problem may be RealPlayer (which wasn't running when I attempted to save the article). I believe I'm using the latest version of zotero...how do I find out for sure?
  • can you post a link to one of the articles you're having problems with?

You can check which version of Zotero you're running by clicking on the gear icon in the Zotero window and selecting "About Zotero."

The newest version of Zotero will be listed on Zotero.org under the big red button that says "Download."
  • Hrm, well I've ensured I have the latest version of zotero and am still having trouble.

Here's a link to an article that won't save... I'm not sure if this link will work--I reached it by logging in to my university's library website--but I couldn't find any other stable links.

http://infotrac.galegroup.com.proxy.lib.uiowa.edu/itw/infomark/720/699/39259803w16/purl=rc1_NCNP_0_GT3001392388&dyn=3!xrn_4_0_GT3001392388&hst_1?sw_aep=uiowa_main

It is article GT3001392388 from the 19th Century U.S. Newspapers database. (http://www.gale.cengage.com/DigitalCollections/products/usnewspapers/index.htm)
  • I havn't got a subscription to that database, but someone is going to take a look at it on Monday. Hopefully you will get a fix soon.
  • Cool, thanks. I'll check back in next week.
  • Is there any progress on this?
    Thanks.
  • Unless I'm missing something, it looks like Gale used to provide meaningful metadata in the Infotrac database, but now I can't find anything. The only source of data is the citation itself:
    The Daily Inter Ocean, (Chicago, IL) Sunday, December 28, 1890; Issue 278; col A
    Chasing the Hostiles Seventh Cavalry Troopers Reach Wounded Knee Creek, but Make No Captives G. E. B..
    Category: News
    I can try to parse that, but a professional and expensive database like this really should provide more structured data.
  • Thanks for noticing and thinking about it.