Trouble transfering files

I'm new to zotero and I've read through a number of other forum threads to find the answer the this problem with no success.

Here's my issue:

I'm trying to transfer files from my library to a group library. I seem to be able to transfer PDFs just fine. I do this by:
1) creating an item in the group library
2) then clicking "upload attachment," which brings up the drag and drop box for attachments. I seem to be able to drag and drop PDFs just fine but not snapshots of websites etc.

Am I doing something wrong or is there another way to do this?
  • it sounds like you're doing this on the webpage?
    You'd want to move items in the Zotero client - i.e. by clicking on "Zotero" in the bottom right of your Firefox or by opening Zotero Standalone.

In the client you can just drag items to groups.
  • Thanks for the response!

There must be something wrong with my computer then because I'm pretty sure that's what I'm doing.

I have the group library open in Firefox and I am attempting to drag and drop the website snapshots from the client into the group library. Works just fine for PDFs but not website snapshots.
  • If you're interacting in any way with the zotero.org webpage - and it sounds like you do (e.g. there is no "upload attachment" button in the client) - you're doing something wrong.
    Once you're synced, your group libraries will appear at the bottom of your left-hand panel in the Zotero client. That's where you'd drag the items from your library.
  • Thanks a bunch! That seems to have solved my problem!
  • tbeasdale: I think I'm having the same problem, but I don't understand the solution.

I have a group which I'm sharing with others. When my friend attaches a PDF to an article, I can see that something has been attached in my own zotero, but I cannot open his file. Same thing when I attach something (he can see I've done it, but he can't open it). It doesn't make a difference whether we're trying to open in stand alone or on the webpage.

Is this the problem you had?
  • edited April 2, 2013
    zebacrook: http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/files_not_syncing

If you have further trouble, please start a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.