new version of ebsco host

Since ebscohost upgraded Zotero gives me an error message - 'could not save item'

Anybody having the same problem?
  • Me, too. The export button on an individual item, however, seems to save directly to zotero, though it's unmentioned.
  • Someone is working on an updated translator for this site and it should be available shortly.
  • I'm looking at a citation for an individual item in EBSCO's ERIC and I don't see the zotero export button at all.
  • Hi, I have the same problem. The folder icon is coming but it says 'could not save item'. The icon is not coming at all for an individual item.
  • I'm not even getting the Zotero icons in the address bar with the new EBSCOhost interface. (I am using Zotero 1.0.7.)
  • Okay, on further investigation:

--I DO get the "folder" icon with my results list
    --I do NOT get the "article" icon when I click on an entry. But, if I click on EBSCOhost's export manager and choose the first option and click save, I get an entry in Zotero.

But, I still miss my "article" icon and one-click entry!
  • I find the same thing Brian - but when i click the "folder" icon Zotero gives me an error message - 'could not save item'
  • A new version of the EBSCO translator was recently released. Your copy of Zotero should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Now in the General pane of the Zotero prefs.

To open the preferences pane click the gear icon, this will open the actions dropdown menu. Select preferences from that dropdown menu.
  • While Zotero will download the citation from the "my folder" section, it will NOT download the article! I get a lot of 'ascension number gobbely-gook as an attachment rather than the pdf article. I find having to manually attaching the article cumbersome.

Also, is there anyway I can work around this requirement to add the citations to the 'my folder' before Zotero recognizes it? I miss the icon in the URL bar that usually observed automatically in the results page and I'm not keen on the extra step. (Leave it to EBSCO for creating the world's least user-friendly interface....)

Thanks!
  • FYI,

The newest translator still won't download the PDF (even though I have my preferences set to download them.) from EBSCO. Any news on a fix?

Zetetic
  • Thanks for your message. This is a known issue with an open ticket. Hopefully it can be resolved soon. https://www.zotero.org/trac/ticket/1152