[Solved] Zotero Libreoffice Integration problem - no icons!

Hi all,

12.04 LTS
Libreoffice 4.0.2.1
Zotero 3.0.11
Zotero Libreoffice Integration 3.5.6
Firefox 19.0.2
Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_15 selected in Libreoffice
IcedTea-Web installed in Firefox

Tried every troubleshooting fix I could find and no Zotero icons are showing up in the Libreoffice toolbar when I open Libreoffice. Extension is installed in both Firefox and Libreoffice.

Spent (wasted) hours trying to fix this and am now ripping hair out as have important research project to get on with. Any and all help much appreciated.
  • start by updating Zotero to 3.0.14
  • edited March 28, 2013
    Did that, restarted, no different, but thanks for the suggestion.
  • Zotero isn't listed under View --> Toolbars?
    Do you get any error message when you run through the "reinstall" process?
  • edited March 28, 2013
    Yes, it was ticked but the update must have worked after all as it is working now and the icons are there (which is possibly why Zotero is under toolbars and ticked!).

I'd previously restarted the machine and nothing there but after closing Libreoffice and reopening all seems to be present and correct.

Thanks a heap for the help. Must have been the update is all I can think.

PS: Can you mark discussions as 'Solved'? I've added it to the thread title to help others anyhow. ;)
  • I believe Zotero 3.0.14 may have included LO4 compatibility, so yes, good chance the update fixed this.
    PS: Can you mark discussions as 'Solved'?
    there is no need to, but if you want to you can edit your first post and add [Solved] to the title of the post.
  • edited March 28, 2013
    An update on that. When I open a document the icons are at the very beginning of the top toolbar where they usually aren't. I didn't even look there. When I go to View>Toolbars and switch Zotero off and on again they appear at the other end!

Oh well, problem solved, if there was a problem in the first place.
  • Installing SDK Java on MAC OSX apparently fixes all integration issues with Libre Office. After having installed the SDK Java, then add the extension from "tools" and add enable the extension.