Syncing over 10.000 files

Hello,

my foldershare just stopped the sync because the library has more then 10.000 files. I am really in the mids of a project and need zotero working and safe with backup.
The sync preview doesn´t sync the files I read, so what are my options here?

When will zotero also sync attachments etc?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Fon
  • Just curious--are you saying that your Zotero metadata sync for 10,000 items went through without a problem?
  • Well yes, it worked fine until now but foldershare has the limit of 10k files per library. I could do more libraries, but zotero can save the files only in one dir as far as I know.
  • I guess this one is to tricky and there is no way yet?
  • fon
    edited July 20, 2008
    For all those having the same problem, I continue my monologue ;)

Windows Live Mesh and/or SugarSync migt be the solution. Both should do the same job as FolderShare. But Live Mesh is currently not accepting new people without invite (if anyone can invite me let me know) and SugarSync is not free.

I will try SugarSync (free for 40 days) and see. It isn't expensive theirafter either.
    Does anyone know if syncing of files will be implemented to zotero too? when?

fon
  • Does anyone know if syncing of files will be implemented to zotero too?
    Yes.
    when?
    Soon.
  • Thank you. Not meant to bug or something, but is this soon like in 3 months or just a couple of days ..or weeks? Would influence my current decisionmaking.

thanks and great job!
  • It'll probably be a couple weeks before there's another 1.5 Preview/Beta release with storage sync support. A stable version that we recommend using with actual data is a bit further off.

Note that, initially, you'll need your own WebDAV server (or WebDAV access via an institution) to use Zotero-provided storage syncing, though eventually there'll be other options for users who don't have access to WebDAV space.