Citation doesn't work

As usual, I am including my references as I write my text (with Word 2011 for Mac). However, Zotero does not upload the citation anymore, let alone that it is unable to create the bibliography...
  • However, Zotero does not upload the citation anymore
    What does this mean?

http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs#provide_steps_to_reproduce
  • When i insert the citation in the text, and the blue in the red bar appears (meaning that it's working to insert it), it does not insert it. It just bugs. Same when i want to add the bibliography, it doesn't work. I can't use because it also blocks the whole Word. Maybe the text is too heavy? It's a 350 pages phd with a dozen pages of references.
  • still works in a new, empty document, though?
  • IIRC Word for Mac is particularly slow with Zotero, so it's possible that you might be hitting a limit here (generally 350p and 10+ pages of bibliography works fine) - Simon would know details of how to troubleshoot this.
    How low have you let this run? I'd be curious if it actually crashes or eventually does something if you let it run for say 10mins.
  • I definitely left it for longer than 10 mins... After one hour it was still not working. Any idea about how I could sort this out?
  • let me join this discussion:
    i have the same problem of slow citation-process in word 2010 for windows. when a document becomes large (at the moment 65 pages with ca. 150 footnote-citations) the citation-process takes few minutes and sometimes word collapses by endless zotero-running. does zotero refresh all citations? it should set only the new one!? is there a solution?
    thank you, Berni
  • I am very disappointed of zotero. It is totally stuck on my system because it can't deal AT ALL with my dissertation. Meaning that I had to sort out my 12 pages bibliography manually (also because no troubleshoot was made). Which I shouldn't have done as I pay zotero for doing it for me. So if you are a write or an academic, forget about zotero!
  • Allow me to add a couple of comments. Zotero is widely and successfully used by academics, students writing theses, and authors of technical reports. Six years ago I used Zotero and Word to write my 300 page, 410 citation doctoral thesis. I am sorry that you are having problems and think that folks on this forum can help you if you take the time to thoroughly describe your compute system, including its age and amount of memory, etc. I know that it can be painfully frustrating when writing tools get in the way of completing a project on deadline. I suspect that there is something quite basic that is causing your problem. With your cooperation you can gt help here.

You wrote that you paid for Zotero. If you did pay for Zotereo you should reply with who charged you. Zotero is free software.
  • You wrote that you paid for Zotero. If you did pay for Zotereo you should reply with who charged you. Zotero is free software.
    Sabi is referring to a storage subscription.