Column for "extra" field in citation list display?

I'd like to be able to add a column corresponding to the "extra" field in the citation list display, but as far as I can tell that's not currently possible. Have I missed something? If not, are there any plans to make this possible in future updates?

The reason that I want to do this is that I work a lot with early printed books. In addition to the standard fields such as author, title, date, and publisher, these sources are typically identified using a unique number taken from a standard bibliographical index, such as the English Short Title Catalogue. I've been using the "extra" field to store that information. It would be really helpful to be able to view that field as a column in the citation list display, not least as I would then be able to use it to sort items.

Thanks for your help.
  • I'd like to be able to add a column corresponding to the "extra" field in the citation list display, but as far as I can tell that's not currently possible. Have I missed something? If not, are there any plans to make this possible in future updates?
    no. yes. ;-)
  • Oh. Good!

Do we have a rough time scale on that? I'd been considering moving the numbers over to "Rights" as that does have an associated column, but it would take ages to do that manually, so I won't bother if the update is likely to come soon.

Thanks for the almost instantaneous response!
  • it's already patched into the trunk code:
    https://github.com/zotero/zotero/pull/90
    but the trunk is for the next major release (i.e. 3.5/4.0) which is certainly not imminent. If you want my educated guess, maybe a beta out late this year? But that's a guess, not a promise of any kind.
  • Thanks - good to know.
  • Looking forward to this option!

Stefan
  • will be out in April.