Zotero: the "Enter" key scrolls down article list when entering a tag

Hello,

This is a small issue, but nevertheless a quite annoying one. In the past few weeks, when I enter a new tag for an item, and press the "Enter" key to confirm the entry, the tag is confirmed, but, in the same time, I also get the article/item list being scrolled, sometimes completely down, sometimes up. The effect is that I loose from the visual field the article I was actually interested in, and so I need to go again with the mouse and scroll to that article, and then again enter a tag and so on.

I am on windows 7 and PC. Disabling all addons, reinstalling zotero and/or firefox does not solve the problem. It doesn't happen for all my items, but in many cases in does. I have no idea why as until now, the enter button was just entering the tag without moving the article field.

Has anyone by any chance came across this? Do you have any suggestions on how to solve it?

Many thanks,

Mircea
  • It seems the problem only happens in the newer firefox version. I have tried it on two computers with newest firefox, and both show this problem in zotero; then I have also looked at this on a computer with older Firefox version, 3.6.13, and the problem is not there. So it must be some bug related to the newest firefox?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

All the best,

Mircea
  • Seems to have solved the problem by redownloading the Zotero 3.0.11 version from the website.

All the best,

Mircea
  • I am having this same problem, using either enter or tab. I am running Firefox 19.0 and Zotero 3.0.14 on Windows 7. I tried reinstalling as Mircea did, but the problem persists. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Erica
  • Try to reinstall earlier version of Zotero, and see if that solves the problem, and then reinstall again from the website latest version and see what happens.

Mircea