No Syncing

My zotero refuses to sync between computers. Don't know how to solve this issue. My error ID is 1118889317. Thanks for your help,

Jarno
  • [JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.create]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage.js :: _processZipDownload :: line 1116" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage.js" line: 1228}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'The file 'TDFTUEXQ/sciverseshindigservice,gadgettoolbar,jquery-outside,jquery.ba-bbq.min,sciverseshindigcontainer,sciencedirectshindigservices.js' could not be created in the Zotero 'storage' directory.' when calling method: [nsIWebProgressListener::onStateChange]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "native frame :: :: :: line 0" data: no]"]"
    Copy and paste 'TDFTUEXQ' (without quotes) into the Zotero search bar to find the problematic attachment. (It could be in any of your libraries.) If you want to keep the snapshot, go to the attachment's URL and resave it. Then delete the original attachment and empty the Zotero trash.

If you then sync, Zotero should prompt you with a conflict for that attachment, with the local one being deleted. You'll want to choose to delete it.

(This shouldn't happen, but Windows XP (and/or various security software that might be installed) isn't very good about handling long/weird filenames, even if we try to filter them.)
  • Thanks, that solved the problem!
  • Hi would appreciate if one could help please

1) when use citation from zotero it print number between braket e.g. (31), but does not print cite under reference i.e. after 30 on the list.
    2) how can make zotero print citation in text like this (23-26), rather (23)(24)(25)(26)

regards
  • start a new thread, please, this is unrelated.