Uploaded data not well-formed

OK installed the latest trunk (r3011) and that fixed the javascript error.
But it then came back with the not well formed problem. Initially it was clear where the problem characters were and so I could replace them (I found a bunch of e-grave which weren't really and fixed them). Still got the problem though and can't see where the problem character (if that's what it is) could be

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Uploaded data not well-formed' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

report id: 1196247184

I've got the debug data if you want it too.
Thanks as ever, Jon.
  • I've put in some better logging on our end to debug problems like this. Please try it again, and I'll take a look.
  • OK, hope this helps. report ID 1832410846
  • Sorry, once more, please.
  • Here you go:
  • OK, fixed. (We were only stripping the first invalid character, not subsequent ones in a string.)

We've also changed it to replace invalid characters with a dotted square Unicode character instead of just stripping them.
  • edited July 9, 2008
    Well, good news is that it seemed to upload fine. Bad news is when I try to grab it off the server.
    Am now getting this error

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Local creator 5 not in update array when changing id' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

report id: 1259919093

I've got the debug output too, if you want any of it.

Regards, Jon.
  • Same situation here. Error report #2136249095.
  • Jon: Yes, could you send the debug output to support? Thanks very much.
  • edited July 10, 2008
    Just to let you know that I installed build r3023 on a fresh profile on an Ubuntu drive and it synced perfectly with the server.
    Still no joy with the XP version though.

Update: actually the last isn't quite true. Tried it with a new profile instead of using portable firefox and it synced fine. So this must be a portable specific issue?
  • The "Local [object] [id] not in update array when changing id" error should now be fixed on the trunk.
  • Yup, that seems to have fixed it.
    Thanks, Jon.
This discussion has been closed.