Access papers by author

Aggregate author names and provide them as access points to the documents.

I know I can create a "saved search" for each author name, but this is painful to maintain. I'd just like a list of authors that is automatically created from the documents' metadata, and which I can use to see their documents.

This is different than ordering by author in the "library" list, as that only eases grouping documents with the same *first* author.

A related feature would be to merge author names. Sometimes the same author exists in papers using slightly different names (first name is sometimes shortened, sometimes the middle name is given, etc).
  • I'd just like a list of authors that is automatically created from the documents' metadata, and which I can use to see their documents.
    We've wanted to do this for a long time. It'll happen eventually.
    A related feature would be to merge author names. Sometimes the same author exists in papers using slightly different names (first name is sometimes shortened, sometimes the middle name is given, etc).
    This will happen too, either via batch editing (which is a top priority) or via the above interface.
  • Thank you for the quick reply Dan. Good to know you were already thinking about these features. I'll be eagerly waiting for them :-)

Any idea of how they will fit in your release roadmap?
  • Batch editing is planned for Zotero 3.5.
  • hi:) some progress with the "authors merge" and "authors list" ?
    Maybe I just don't know where it is.
    Thank you!
    Katerina
  • No, not yet.