Another empty response from server

Having troubles here - have looked at a few other problems other people are having and havent been able to find an answer.

Computer A my main machine is not syncing. Computer B syncs but is missing some itrems. The item sit is missing are documents not books. Additionaly, on Computer A, these particular documents are showing up in the bibliography with just the year - no title, no author despie the fields for these being populated correctly.

Report ID is 577750743

Any help very much appreciated
  • edited February 7, 2013
    Additionaly, on Computer A, these particular documents are showing up in the bibliography with just the year - no title, no author despie the fields for these being populated correctly.
    which citation style?

generally "document" is not a recommended item type to use and will not work correctly in a fair number of citation styles.
  • That is interesting. I am trying various Physics numbered styles and having the same problem with all of them. I wondered if it was the class of document. I normally use that for PDF's. It is the first time I have used Zotero for Word. My previous experience was within Lyx.

I don't now as that is also causing the sync problem.
  • which citation style?
    Generally, "Report" is better for working papers like arxiv papers etc.
  • Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data

I had the bibliography problem before I installed Zotero for Firefox and Zotero for Word on Computer B. Still no luck syncing with computer B.
  • yeah, use report and that should work better (the AIP style which the journal uses is particularly bad in this case, as it doesn't include titles for journal articles). This isn't a bug and is unrelated to your sync error.
  • You're running Firefox 8.0.1, which is extremely old (and likely has security vulnerabilities). Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox, and make sure to enable automatic Firefox updating.
  • Thanks for the advice. Can you recommend a superscript numbered citation style like the one I was using which allows for documents, reports and websites etc?
  • I also want one that has superscript numbers for the citation and normal numbers in the bibliography.
  • you could try Vancouver superscript.
  • Thanks for that - I think Iused a variation of that before - so long since I used Zotero. Once you have it set up its a great bit of kit.

Thanks again for your help. Firefox updated now. I tend notto update it because of addons just like Zotero not working with new versions but in this case it was the other way round.
  • Zotero always works with the latest stable release of Firefox.