How to keep English language settings despite you're not in UK/USA...?

Hi,

I'm living in France and therefore my Location in Region and Language settings is normally set to France (Windows 7 Op Sys).
However, the Op Sys and all programs are set in English!

So I wonder why when I installed the Zotero standalone application on my computer it took by default the French language settings!!
I want to get rid of it and have English ones instead!

I noticed that there are no language options in the preferences (Outils > Options which is equivalent to Settings > Options I guess...).
This really drives me mad!!!
Why during the installation process there is no control about the desired language (not even in the Customised installation).

I tried to uninstall it, changed my Region and Language setting to UK, and then reinstalled the standalone version, but NO WAY!!!

Please advise how to workaround this issue if not to fix it!

Thanks

Marco
  • Check this page

http://www.zotero.org/support/supported_languages
  • Thank you very much for your quick support!
    It works! (well 99%... below why not 100%)

Please note that as a matter of fact my op sys settings were all set to English (United Kingdom) BUT one: Language for non-Unicode programs.

"This setting (system locale) controls the language used when displaying text in programs that do not support Unicode"

and it was set to French (France).

I suppose that it was this one that caused the issue to me.

So, for Windows 7 the explanation provided in your link ("In Zotero Standalone, the interface language defaults to matching the operating system's language") actually refers to this particular "system locale" setting.

Now my GUI is in English! EUREKA!
    But... the 1% that didn't succeed (maybe I have to reboot...) is that once opened the "My Library" folder I see the quick start guidelines in French ("Guide rapide pour débuter" folder and "Bienvenue dans Zotero!" page). However, the link reported is the correct one in English.

Anyway, my issue is fixed!
    Thank you again and have a great day.

Marco
  • But... the 1% that didn't succeed (maybe I have to reboot...) is that once opened the "My Library" folder I see the quick start guidelines in French ("Guide rapide pour débuter" folder and "Bienvenue dans Zotero!" page). However, the link reported is the correct one in English.
    This note is created when Zotero is started for the first time. Its content is thus localized once for all according to the locale detected during this first run.
    So, that's a full (i.e. 100%) success ;-)