error report number: 43955863 zotero icon not coming up on internet browser

No zotero icon on the internet explorer browser. I have gone through the troubleshooting section on the website with no luck.

please help!
  • you'll never have a Zotero Icon in IE. You can use the bookmarklet to work with IE, but won't see the Zotero icon - you'll just have to see whether it works:
    http://www.zotero.org/downloadbookmarklet
  • Using Chrome & Stand Alone:
    Using the bookmarklet it still fails without the translator - what is up with this?
    under firefox I could save anything I wanted and then fill in the blanks - I used it as an offline reader/ repository. But now it is hamstrung. A very few sites do come up with an icon, but the rest is DOA.
  • using Chrome (and Safari) connector - right-click and "Save as Zotero Snapshot" has the same effect as "Create New Item from Current Page" in Firefox.
    Don't use the bookmarklet on Chrome or Safari, there's no reason to.
  • THANK YOU!!!!!!!
    I just added this to my review - but you might want to highlight it in the Extension description (if it is there I missed it)
  • I think it's planned to have this displayed more prominently for the connectors in the first place.
  • To get an icon for the IE bookmarklet, you just need to assign one to the bookmark. Here is how I did this on Windows 7 with Zotero Standalone:
    1) right-click the bookmarklet in your Favorites Bar and choose Properties,
    2) on the Web Document tab of the window that opens, choose Change Icon...
    3) paste the following in the space under "Look for icons in this file:"
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zotero Standalone\chrome\icons\default\main-window.ico
    4) Click OK, and then OK again.