Missing types of object

I have specific rules for the following types of item, which are missing from Zotero's list, and I am therefore suggesting for inclusion (or lobbying for the ability for a particular stylesheet can define extra ones):

Book Review
Grammar Book Entry
DVD
(yes, there is Video Recording, but the style requires DVD references to be prefixed with "DVD:", videos with "VID:", CDs with "CD:" and audio cassettes with "AUD:". So ideally I need separate entries for all four (although could probably skip AUD).

Gerv
  • (yes, there is Video Recording, but the style requires DVD references to be prefixed with "DVD:", videos with "VID:", CDs with "CD:" and audio cassettes with "AUD:".
    The solution is not a new type. It's to use whatever field maps to CSL's "medium" variable. If one doesn't exist (I don't recall), then it needs to be added.

Given where I'm pointing you in this example, can you perhaps imagine different ways to deal with the other two?
  • bdarcus: there appears to be a thing called "Recording Type" but that maps to the "genre" variable. So I think a box for the "medium" variable needs to be added to Video Recording and Audio Recording.

Gerv
  • Hmm ... "recording type" is ambiguous. I could imagine they might mean by that something like format or medium, but it's not clear. This ought to be cleaned up. To wit, I've created a ticket.
  • Book Review: the formatting examples are as follows. I'm not sure if Zotero has enough fields for this:

7.2.26 A BOOK REVIEW
    Untitled book reviews may be cited as follows.
    First: Howard M. Teeple, review of A. Robert and A. Feuillet, <i>Introduction to
    the New Testament</i>, <i>JBR</i> 34 (1966): 368-70.
    Subsq: Teeple, review of Robert and Feuillet, 369.
    Biblio: Teeple, Howard M. Review of A. Robert and A. Feuillet, <i>Introduction to the
    New Testament</i>. <i>Journal of Bible and Religion</i> 34 (1966): 368-70.

Titled book reviews should be cited as normal journal articles but with a
    parenthetic explanation after the title.
    First: Jaroslav Pelikan, “The Things That You’re Liable to Read in the Bible”
    (review of David Noel Freedman, ed., <i>The Anchor Bible Dictionary</i>), <i>New York
    Times Review of Books</i>, December 20, 1992, 3.
    Biblio: Pelikan, Jaroslav. “The Things That You’re Liable to Read in the Bible” (re-
    view of David Noel Freedman, ed., <i>The Anchor Bible Dictionary</i>). <i>New
    York Times Review of Books</i>, December 20, 1992, 3.

I'm not sure where my source for Grammar Book came from - I'll have to get back to you.
  • [Realised this would be better as HTML]

Book Review: the formatting examples are as follows. I'm not sure if Zotero has enough fields for this:

7.2.26 A BOOK REVIEW

Untitled book reviews may be cited as follows.

First: Howard M. Teeple, review of A. Robert and A. Feuillet, Introduction to
    the New Testament
    , JBR 34 (1966): 368-70.

Subsq: Teeple, review of Robert and Feuillet, 369.

Biblio: Teeple, Howard M. Review of A. Robert and A. Feuillet, Introduction to the
    New Testament
    . Journal of Bible and Religion 34 (1966): 368-70.

Titled book reviews should be cited as normal journal articles but with a
    parenthetic explanation after the title.

First: Jaroslav Pelikan, “The Things That You’re Liable to Read in the Bible”
    (review of David Noel Freedman, ed., The Anchor Bible Dictionary), New York
    Times Review of Books
    , December 20, 1992, 3.

Biblio: Pelikan, Jaroslav. “The Things That You’re Liable to Read in the Bible” (re-
    view of David Noel Freedman, ed., The Anchor Bible Dictionary). New
    York Times Review of Books
    , December 20, 1992, 3.

I'm not sure where my source for Grammar Book came from - I'll have to get back to you.

• In Zotero 2.0rc1, available now, "Recording Type" has been changed to "Format", mapped to CSL's "medium", for the audio/visual item types.