Web Upload Taking Forever

I'm just trying to upload a pdf attachment to a group library. I'm using the website interface and it's taking a semi-infinite amount of time. Nothing is changing about the Upload progress bar. The file seems to be 24.9 kb.

What's happening? Is it a proxy server issue? Is it the website?
  • This is most likely an issue with the website and whatever browser you're using. We rely on some newer features of browsers that are not uniformly available yet.

If you're just seeing the spinning wheel, it's possible that it's either broken on the browser you're using or it is uploading but not realizing it finished (in which case it would show up on the item if you refreshed the page).

What operating system and browser versions are you using?
  • I'm using the most up-to-date version of Chrome on MacOSX Lion.
    Indeed, now that you mention it, it appears to have uploaded and just not realized it had finished. Sorry I didn't check that. It didn't even occur to me that this might be the case. Now (because I repeatedly tried to upload it) I have four copies of the same file attached! Whoops.

Thanks!
  • Thanks for the information. It should definitely be able to work correctly in an up to date chrome, so I'll look into whats causing this problem.
  • Thanks for your help! I updated Chrome yesterday. For your debugging purposes, it may help to know that the official version I'm using is Version 24.0.1312.56.