Zotero toolbar on Mac

Zotero 3.0.11.1
Mac OS X 10.6.8
Word for Mac 2011 14.2.3

Where should the Toolbar be?
  • Okay, I found it. It is free-floating. (On a 27 inch mac with 13 windows open it was not easy to see.)

Now. Is there a way to dock it in word? There is no dock check-box beside the Zotero toolbar in the customize toolbars window.

Thanks.
  • You cannot dock it. This is a limitation by Microsoft.
  • I still can't see it, not even the little icon that's supposed to import your citations when you click! Pls help?
  • helenvo - start a new thread, please & provide more details.
    Which little icon? Where have you tried? What's your set-up?
  • I mean the little icon that's supposed to appear on your navigation bar, like a small book [save to zotero]. i'm trying to sort it out via the FAQs etc!
  • Helenvo: you need to start a new thread and explain in as much detail as possible what the problem is. What are you trying to do, which browser you are using and which Zotero version.
  • Hi, thanks, it's all sorted now.
    In Safari, the Zotero icon to import references in just one click is on the left of the navigation bar, in grey.
    That's all...
    Thank you!!!
  • Given that Microsoft won't let you attach it to Word seamlessly, is there a way to make it bigger?
    There's a set of diagonal lines in the lower right corner, which made me think I could drag it bigger, but it's either not working or it's ignoring me.
  • See: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/25220/?Focus=134049

1. open word.
    2. open the zotero toolbar (view>toolbars)
    3. open view>toolbars>customize toolbars/menus
    4. drag the buttons from the zotero toolbar to anywhere you want and drop them. I've added them to my formatting toolbar which I keep open but you can create another toolbar and dock it.