Billing--got charged twice, can't get a response for credit

Hi,
My institution pays for my yearly subscription, and we got charged twice for this year's renewal. I've tried emailing storage@digitalscholar.org (the only email address I could find) to get a credit posted to the institution's card, but I haven't received a response. Is there a phone number I can use to contact Zotero billing administration to rectify this?
Many thanks.
  • Your automatic renewal got charged and then someone placed a separate order for the same account.

There is not a phone number, but you will get an email response.
  • I've already emailed twice. I sent an additional email today, but haven't yet received a response. Is there a particular email address I should use to contact an appropriate person?

Thank you!
  • the e-mail you used is correct. When fcheslack says "you will get an email response" he means he'll make sure that you'll get one.
  • Thank you!
  • Hi I'm having issues trying to upgrade my storage. Can someone help me? I've sent several e-mails to storage@digitalscholar.org without success.

Thank you,
  • I have also sent several e-mails about payment for storage to this e-mail address but have not had a reply.

Please can I have fcheslack's assurances of a reply, too?
  • Any news on this issue? The technical group are very responsive and helpful in this forum. So it is rather ironic that the group dealing with "money" are decidely unresponsive and unhelpful. Please can someone help me to give you money?
  • edited January 16, 2013
    James - have you heard back by now?
    (The reason that the financials are sometimes such a drag is because Zotero doesn't have any administrative staff. That has lots of advantages in terms of avoiding overhead, but situations like yours - while quite rare - are rather unfortunate. I do wish they'd hire a grad student to do admin a couple of hours a week. The reason tech is so responsive is that apart from Dan, Simon, and fcheslack, who actually work for Zotero and, as you'll have noted, are very quick to respond, there are also about ten of us who come by pretty regularly on a volunteer basis.)
  • Thanks for the follow up. That is very much appreciated; along with the explanation.
    Yes, after several weeks some response. It has, though, left the impression that that side of the team is not very familiar with what is going on. So in the end our exchange have mails has become frustrating and not constructive (for both sides). So what is outstanding?

What may be a technical issue? A little over a year ago, I had a Zotero message saying I had reached capacity and if I wished to add more data to a particular folder I would have to purchase more storage. I did that and could add references / data again to that particular folder. A year later I have checked and my account is below the free storage limit! (i.e., a year after adding more data to the account) So why was I prompted to purchase more storage?

What seems to be a payment issue. I will do my best to purchase storage (well make a donation to the Zotero cause - since I still have free capacity!) if this Google purchase scheme is straight forward to use. As it stands, though, (1) this payment page is hard to use (e.g., no "click to pay" button) (2) there are no payment options (e.g., how could I just wire money to Zotero?)
  • @101james: the free storage limit increase from 100 to 300 MB in early December last year, so perhaps you were above the old limit but below the new one.
  • What Rintze says on storage (that's Dec. 2012, i.e. about a month ago).

as for google wallet - I'm not sure what the problem is? You select the amount of storage you want, then click the google checkout button to pay (it says "buy with google") - how is that not a click to pay button? You're the first person to complain that that's not clear as far as I'm aware.

There are no payment options, because by default Zotero doesn't offer any options apart from google. That's quite common for small businesses.
    Zotero can't afford to deal with credit cards directly (and google is better equipped to safeguard your payment info anyway) and I'm not aware of any internet company in the US that will accept wire transfers (which are both rare and expensive in the US with its antiquated banking system). The only other option would be paypal, which Zotero will use if it has to (e.g. if google wallet isn't available in a user's country), but which requires manual processing by someone, so it's only available if really needed.

(All of this isn't official Zotero info, but I'm reasonably well informed about why they're doing things the way they are).