Item collection location

Hello,

When I am at the "My Library" level I see all my files and I can also search for a specific item.

But how can I find out in which sub-collection I had put a specific item in case I cannot remember?

Of course I could search all my sub-collection folders for that item but there must be another way.

Thanks
  • Thanks adamsmith.

I should have looked into the docs before.

Regards
  • don't worry - it's hard to find if you don't know where to look.
  • This is very counter-intuitive. I now understand how it works, but the "folder" icons suggest a traditional folder structure and neither is is "like itunes works".

In a traditional folder structure one would expect to see the folders on the right too.

In iTunes you actually create lists, which you can then group with folders that do use recursiveness by default, however showing duplicates only once.

I therefore suggest that the folders in which the article is should be highlighted by default (and "identifying_which_collections_an_item_is_in" should blink or highlight once more, if needed).

I understand that recursiveness is not always wanted, but the option for it should be easily available. I suggest putting it below "restore column order".

There should be a column that contains the path below the current folder, e.g. "somefolder/subfolder" and "somefolder/anothersub" would show as "subfolder" and "anothersub" in the folder column (which is of course optional).

Also one could add the recursive files greyed out. Like this one would instantly know which file is really in this folder and which is only recursively added. Or one could add a "... (some files in subfolder, click here to show)" to the top or as a tooltip or whatever.