BibTex Import problems

Hi.

I logged this as error #1033233171.

When trying to import a BiBTeX file containing only the following record it fails:
@proceedings{rtas2006,
title = "Proc. 12th IEEE Real-Time Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS'2006)",
year = {04-07 April 2006},
editor = {Steve Goddard and Jyh-Charn (Steve) Liu}
}

(If it is part of a larger BibTeX-file it stops at that record)

The error message was "An error occurred while trying to import the selected file. Please ensure that the file is valid and try again." The file is certainly valid in the sense that I uses it with bibtex almost daily.

I looked briefly at the sourcecode, but since I have no experience with Mozilla plugins I saw nothing helpful.

This record is not one I use directly, but I use it to link to from other BiBTeX-records.
  • Btw, checking with "BIBTeXing" it seems like the required fields are title and year, with editor, volume or number, series, address, month, organization, publisher and note being optional.

Also, changing the year field to an actual year does not help.
  • works for me (Zotero 1.0.6, FF 3, Ubuntu 8.04) with
    a bib file cut and pasted from your comment ...
  • Make sure you have the latest version of the BibTeX translator by clicking Reset Translators and Styles in the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs. The BibTeX translator isn't pushed to clients automatically in Zotero 1.0.