Using Zotero on Different Computers

My Windows 7 laptop has other browsers beside Firefox. I do use Chrome on it as well as Firefox so I could still use my standalone on my Windows. I've been using my Chromebook a lot since my Windows is too slow.

But I use the college computers quite a bit. They have Windows as the OS-but Firefox seems to work best with Firefox-and Waterfox-a new browser from Firefox for 64-bit computers.

Since Waterfox is so much like Firefox I'd like to know which version would work best on it-the Firefox extension or the standalone?
  • To use standalone with Firefox, you still need to install Zotero for Firefox in addition to Zotero Standalone. According to Waterfox (which is not release by Mozilla) all Firefox add-ons work with Waterfox.

Zotero bookmarklet is a great choice if you cannot install extensions on the computer (I.e. public computers) http://www.zotero.org/downloadbookmarklet
  • Thanks for the link to the bookmark button. I clicked and dragged it to my bookmarks on my Chromebook browser.

So I must be able to use this Zotero account with a Firefox extension in addition to the standalone I use now on the Chrome browser.
  • So I must be able to use this Zotero account with a Firefox extension in addition to the standalone I use now on the Chrome browser.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this (not sure if this was even a question or just a statement). Tell us exactly what you are trying to achieve and what your setup is right now. We'll let you know where to go from there.