Zotero standalone doesn't function with Firefox

Hi, I'm using Zotero standalone 3.0.11.1 and Firefox 17.0.1 on OS X 10.7.5. The address box icons and the context menu option to save pages or articles in zotero library doesn't appear using Firefox.
They appear properly using Chrome or Safari.
Could you help me, please?
  • do you have Zotero for Firefox installed?
  • Ups! Do I need zotero plugin PLUS zotero standalone?
  • Yes. You need a plugin for each browser that you want to use Zotero with.
  • My fault then!
    Thanks a lot!
    Happy New Year!
  • I have 2 laptops at home-a Chromebook using only the Google Chrome browser-and a Windows 7 with the Firefox browser. The Windows is very slow so I use the Chromebook a lot more than the Windows. The Chrome browser is the only one used on the Chromebook-and I don't want to take the liberty of downloading the Zotero app to anyone else's computer such as the ones I use in school or at the public libray-especially school.

At my school the site they have us use like this for research is Noodle Tools-so they may not like an extension for Zotero, Easy Bib, or any other competitor to Noodle Tools on their browsers.

So I hope that Zotero can be improved to the point that an account can be used as a standalone or part of Firefox. If my college were to switch from Noodle Tools to Zotero I'd want it designed as an app or extension for my Chrome so I can use it on the Chromebook if I'm going to use it as something other than standalone.

So right now I can only use standalone.
  • pspart: start a new thread if you have a question.

Chromebook does not provide the programming interfaces required to run Zotero, so a Chromebook version is unlikely to happen. You can use the Zotero bookmarklet and the Zotero online library with the Chromebook, though.
This discussion has been closed.