Juggling references in OpenOffice plugin.

I've recently finished my thesis using zotero + OpenOffice, and one feature that I would like to see is a better way to "juggle" references when editing a reference - reordering them so that instead of my references appearing as [50, 49, 48, 47, 46], they will appear as [46-50] or [19, 18, 23] as [18, 19, 23] without a custom edit. Even just a little up/down arrow on the side which could shift the positions of individual references would be useful - if not some sort of automated ordering.
  • Isn't that a question/problem with OpenOffice? OpenOffice should be handling your references at the output stage not Zotero.

Just my 2cents worth.
  • It's the Zotero plugin for OpenOffice. It allows you to choose which reference(s) to insert. There becomes a problem however when one tries to insert multiple references.
  • I'm not a zotero programmer and I use LaTeX for my writing so I apologise in advance if I'm wrong. But your problem seems to be with the formatting of the references within the text i.e. [50, 49, 48, 47, 46] vs [46-50]. I know in M$ Word that's a question of formatting within Word after the references have already been imported into the internal bibliographic system. I don't think this is a problem you can fix in Zotero. It should be reformatted within OpenOffice.

Dave.
  • Again, it is the Zotero plugin for OpenOffice (made by Zotero, >not OpenOffice) that requires a change in order to do this. The plugin is not OpenOffice; and it is not the same as the Firefox extension ("Zotero"). It is Zotero's OpenOffice plugin (which you do not use) that handles the ordering of the references when inserted into OpenOffice. The problem could be fixed within the plugin by enabling one to "juggle" (i.e. reorder) the list of references within the plugin's citation editor.
  • There's a ticket for this.
  • Thanks for letting me know.