problem with annotated bibliography

Hello,

A few years ago, I created a style to generate an annotated bibliography with abstracts for each reference. Sometime within the last few months, an issue has developed with the spacing within the abstract field of the annotated bibliography. Any abstract that has a subheading within it melds the subheading text with the subsequent word.

For example (taken from PubMed, PMID: 21788958):

STUDY DESIGNRetrospective descriptive observational study.OBJECTIVEThe primary objective of this study was to quantify the incidence of iatrogenic spinal cord injury (SCI) at our SCI unit (SCIU). The secondary objective was to discover the surgical and medical procedures that cause iatrogenic SCI and to estimate the incidence with each procedure.SUBJECTSPatients admitted to or seen at outpatient services of the SCIU at a university hospital.METHODSHistories were compiled from 1 July 2005 to 30 June 2009. We included patients with SCI caused by any medical or surgical procedure. We collected age, sex, diagnosis leading to medical intervention, predominant clinical manifestations, medical-surgical procedure and level and grade of injury upon admission and discharge.

The abstract information looks normal in the Zotero info pane and when I use the Generate Report function.

Any suggestions on how I might be able to fix this problem?

Thanks!
  • I'm not aware of a workaround, but I can confirm that Zotero removes paragraphs from abstracts (and has for a while).
    That's obviously a bit unfortunate, I wonder if Simon or fbennett have any thoughts on whether we can get this back?
  • Thanks adamsmith for the response. You confirmed what I suspected (i.e., that Zotero removes the paragraphs from abstracts), which is helpful to know. I haven't used this style in quite some time so notice until recently.

I may be able to use the Generate Report function for the same purpose. I'll take a look at the documentation for it and see how much I can customize the output for that.

Thanks again.