Importing all Bibtex style references from a text document

Google scholar had introduced the new export to Bibtex format, so I exported all of my 80 references for my theses in the bibtex form and pasted them in the order in which they appear in a text document.Each of these entries are in this format:

@article{bernstein2009double,
title={Double-pass, low-fluence laser treatment using a large spot-size 1,450 nm laser improves acne},
author={Bernstein, E.F.},
journal={Lasers in surgery and medicine},
volume={41},
number={2},
pages={116--121},
year={2009},
publisher={Wiley Online Library}
}

But when I imported the text file conatining all my references in the above format into zotero, I have no option to maintain the order in which I had pasted the items into the text document. The only options I get are to sort it by different variables like author etc. Am I missing something? How do I make zotero accept the original order in which they were placed into the text file?
  • I don't think you can do that, but I also don't understand why you'd want to, why is the order important?
  • edited November 16, 2012
    1) Are you creating a bibliography for your thesis?
    2) did you use Zotero to insert references into your thesis?
    3) Are you using a numbered style or an author(date) style?

If you have already finalized your thesis and did not use Zotero to add the citations; yet you want a numbered reference list, do this.

Open a new text document. Select the bibliographic style you need for your reference list.

Using Zotero, insert your citations in the order they appear in your thesis. You don't need to add any text but you probably want to start with a simple note to yourself asto the purpose of the document. In other words, just insert your citations in order one after another. This will require less than 5 minutes.

Use Zotero to create a bibliography that begins on a new page.