Zotero chokes on import from Endnote

I'm getting an error importing RIS from a text file output by Endnote.

I've reported the error in Zotero and got this ID: 1830911923

I'd be so grateful if someone could follow this up. From reading in the forum I'm sure it's likely to be invalid input in one of the RIS fields - I'm importing a couple of thousand references so I'm hoping there's some way to clean the input up automatically.
  • Dan - anything in that error?
  • Okay, I managed to get my library into Zotero using BibTex format instead.

Does anyone happen to know what I might have lost by using BibTex instead of RIS format?

Now I just have to de-dupe my library, having exported each of the Endnote groups (folders) as separate files.

I gave the Zotero team a hard time a while back over the de-dupe functionality and I'm pleased to report the new "Duplicate Items" folder and "Merge" button are incredibly slick and easy to use. (A "Merge All" button would be an awesome addition...)
  • Bibtex is pretty decent, you probably didn't lose much, at least not if Endnote's export was good. Are you getting file attachments? Or did you not have any in Endnote?
  • That's great to hear - didn't get file attachments and tags seem to have merged but otherwise it's all good.