Storage limit: data vs. files

I've reached my 100mb free storage limit. As I'm aware, this means files will no longer sync from my library unless I upgrade, but data will continue to be synced.

Simple question: do 'notes' count as data or files (i.e. will they still be synced even if I don't upgrade)?

Thanks
  • notes are data, they'll keep getting synced.
  • edited October 10, 2012
    I was also just wondering about this, so thanks for the information, Adam.

Does anything else besides bibliographic data and notes qualify as data, like snapshots of web pages, URI-links...?
  • Attached files on your disk count as files. Everything else is data.
  • Dan, that does not tell me much as I don't know what exactly does get stored as files on my disk. Eventually everything on my computer is in some way in some file on my disk, right?

From my understanding for example the web page snapshots could get stored as plain files in my local file system which would qualify them as files in the sense of what is written above but they could as well get stored in the same database that Zotero uses to store the bibliographic data and notes which would qualify them as data in that same sense, meaning that in the former case they would count against the online storage quota but not in the latter.
  • edited October 10, 2012
    Everything you see in the Zotero interface—item metadata, notes, tags—is stored in the database. Everything that you have to open to view—PDFs, HTML snapshots, etc.—is a file.

You can click on any attachment with a file and choose Show File from the Locate menu (or right-click and choose Show File) to see the actual attached files.
  • Now I got it, thank you very much!