MLA - edition field

Hi,
Just wondering if the MLA style could be tweaked so that the Edition field appears in the works cited list.
I'm trying to get this to appear in my Works Cited list:

Cosgrove, Denis. _Social Formation and Symbolic Landscape_. 2nd ed. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 1998.

But I'm only getting this (i.e. the specification of which edition I'm using doesn't appear):
Cosgrove, Denis. _Social Formation and Symbolic Landscape_. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 1998.

This might just be a new problem in the new 1.0.4. version of the MLA stylesheet (I don't remember this being a problem prior to the 1.0.4 release, or maybe I just didn't notice it).

It's obviously important to specify which edition you are using esp. when different editions vary substantially.

Thanks in advance
EJ
  • I can confirm that MLA is not adding edition information. Could you post or link to some examples of what the edition information should look like in a MLA citation.
  • This is how the edition information should appear in MLA style:

Wollen, Peter. _Signs and Meaning in the Cinema_. Expanded ed. London: British Film Institute, 1998.

or

Cosgrove, Denis. _Social Formation and Symbolic Landscape_. New ed. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 1998.

And see http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/557/07/ (scroll down to the subsection titled 'An Edition of a Book').
  • Thanks. The dev versions of the MLA translators available on the styles page now include the Edition field.