dragged a file too large for Zotero

In error I dragged a series of files too large for Zotero into a stand alone note. The probelm is that I now have an attention sign permanently next to the sync icon. I could just ignore this however it would appear that this is now preventing further syncing with the website. I can find no way to just delete these draggged over files or stop the process. Can any one advise.This is the error assigned number: 1936901959. Thanks
  • why can you not delete the file in Zotero? What does it say?
  • HI Adam

find message below. Error code 878555584. thanks Tanya

Failed to load native module at path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Zotero Standalone\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\components-12.0\zoteroWinWordIntegration.dll': (80520012) <unknown; can't get error from NSPR>

Failed to load native module at path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Zotero Standalone\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\components-11.0\zoteroWinWordIntegration.dll': (80520012) <unknown; can't get error from NSPR>

Failed to load native module at path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Zotero Standalone\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\components-10.0\zoteroWinWordIntegration.dll': (80520012) <unknown; can't get error from NSPR>

Failed to load native module at path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Zotero Standalone\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\components-9.0\zoteroWinWordIntegration.dll': (80520012) <unknown; can't get error from NSPR>

Failed to load native module at path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Zotero Standalone\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\components-8.0\zoteroWinWordIntegration.dll': (80520012) <unknown; can't get error from NSPR>

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Note '...' too long' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]
  • It's not the file that's too large-- it appears that a file has too long of a file name or a note is too large; likely the former. Look for a file that has a filename starting with "Note " and rename it something shorter.
  • HI ajlyon

I have searched all files with the name note and deleted the one i think is the culprit. it now sits in trash but i am unable to delete it from there. So the attention sign with the same error report remains.
  • and right click on trash -> empty trash - doesn't work either?
  • emptied trash can successfully. however this has not changed the situation. maybe i am not isolating the correct file. i have gone through all files with name note and not finding another file that could be the culprit.
  • the file was dragged over into zotero 10 days ago. Is there any way I can select that days work only and narrow down the search?
  • you can sort the middle panel by "date added" - add the column by clicking on the little table icon at the top right of the middle panel, then click on the column header to sort by it.
  • no need to reply to last post. I did and advanced search and looked for date added. will try isolate culprit file again
  • I have now deleted everything that was modified/added 10 days ago and still the attention sign remains and I am unable to sync
  • The note wouldn't actually start with "Note"—that's just an ellipsis within the quotes. It looks like you might have a note with an embedded image with the image data stored in a data: URL. I'm not sure how that got there, and it's not a use case we've ever really considered supporting, but searching for "data" might find the note in question.
  • I have searched with the word data but come up will loads of files with this name. in the advanced search should I search in a particular category for his?
    What I did was decide to delete everything that was added or modified on the date in question when this occured. this has been succesful for most of that days work however 3 files are reinstaed to my library when I try to sync. The follwing happins: I get a message that says "conflict resolution. the follwoing items have been changed in multiple locations. choose the version you would like to keep and click next". the choices are local object, and remote object, and merged object. I actually would just like to delete all of that days work added and modified to get rid of this problem. but no matter what choice I make with these trashed files they are reinstated into my librabry on the next sync. It makes me wonder if these are the culprit files, but wonder why i cannot delete them entirely.
  • It'd be a note with the word "data" in it, not an item. The note would probably appear empty in the list view, since it begins with an image.

For the other issue (which might be unrelated), see Repeated Conflicts.
  • HI Dan
    I deleted all the notes that appeared with the search data as key word. and brilliant it has worke! syncing went ahead and the attention sign has gone. thanks for the help. Can I ask. If in future I wish to scan written work or the page of a book for eg and save it in zotero that there is a format I should do this in?
  • most scanners/scanner software will put out PDFs, just attach those. (you can also attach any image format if you prefer that - the point is to not try to include it in notes).
  • thanks you have been a great help. Tanya