Right Column: Doesn't show item information

When entering a new note, I am all of the sudden unable to access the field of the main card - with "author", "title", etc.
I also cannot access the main information of the subjects in my archive any more.
Sub-cards (like: notes; snapshots, etc.) still work.

The error happened after upgrading from zotero 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 and after trying to take down a new note in the format of "newspaper article."

When exporting the note, the missing information is still available.

I am using firefox 2.0.0.14.

Best,
Ralf
  • Same problem here (also, same version of Firefox and recent upgrade to Z 1.0.4). When I highlight a title, the detail panel just says "No items selected." I can look at notes and attached files okay.

I've run the database integrity check and it reports no errors.
  • edited May 27, 2008
    Try disabling your other Firefox extensions. If that works, renenable them one at a time until you find the conflicting extension.

Another user reported this problem with StumbleUpon, though I can't reproduce that.
  • Thanks, Dan - this did work.
    (I didn't try the re-enabling, though, because I didn't need the stuff.)
    Best,
    Ralf
  • Thanks, Dan - this did work.
    Could you tell us what extensions you had installed?
  • Thank you! My problem seems to have been with Download Statusbar 0.9.6.1.

Here's my detailed procedure:

I had previously installed Adblock Plus 0.7.5.4, del.icio.us Bookmarks 1.5.44, Google Notebook 1.0.0.19, LOOP for Firefox 1.03, RealPlayer Browser Plugin 1.0. Shortly after downloading Zotero 1.04, I added: Download Statusbar o.9.6.1, Forecastfox 0.9.6, and PDF Download 1.0.1.1. The problem was noted some days later.

I disabled everything except Zotero and restarted Firefox. Still no good.
    I downloaded Zotero 1.04 again and restarted. Now it worked.

One by one, I added the following plugins: Google Notebook, Adblock Plus, PDF Download, and StumbleUpon. After each change, I restarted FF and checked Zotero. The problem was still gone.

When I added Download Statusbar, the problem returned. I disabled DS and restarted the browser; Zotero worked fine again. Happiness is restored to my little part of the universe. Thanks again!
  • sehanley: Thanks for the info. Can you re-enable Download Statusbar, verify that Zotero breaks, send in an error report with Report Errors (if it's active), and post the Report ID here? I'm not able to reproduce the conflict with DS.
  • edited May 29, 2008
    Thanks. That looks par for the course for this problem, but unfortunately it doesn't contain any additional info.

If you want to try to get DS to work, you might try closing Firefox and deleting localstore.rdf from your Firefox profile. (You should make a backup copy first so that we can look at it if this does in fact fix the problem.) The file will be recreated when you restart Firefox. Don't know if that'll help, though. You might also see if it happens in a new profile with just Zotero and Download Statusbar installed.

I also suspect this might not occur in Firefox 3.

Any additional information from others experiencing this would be appreciated.
  • Had the same problem with Google Toolbar 3.0.20070525W.
    After disabling Google Toolbar and restarting Firefox, the fields in the right pane returned.
    After activating Google Toolbar and restarting Firefox, the fields disappear.

This problem occurred after upgrading Zotero to 1.0.4. Google Toolbar was installed before, as far as I remember.
  • Thanks Dan.
    Problem seems to be solved.
    The conflicting extension for me was:
    McAfee Site Advisor 26.6