NDL import

Could you add the National Diet Library to your list of libraries? They now offer an export feature, but it would be great to use it with Zotero. Here is a breakdown of the standard marc record from their catalog. Hope this helps,
http://opac.ndl.go.jp/recordid/000002096589/jpn
record # KD555-E6
title kotengeki to zeneigeki: furansu to nihon
author iwase takashi
pl pub tokyo
publshr chobunsha
yr pub 1991 (Mar)
format 360 pgs 20 cm
ISBN
price 2500 yen
record #
indiv author
subj
subj
NDLC
NDC Diet lib call #
lang jpns
record id
  • Jonathan Lewis posted an NDL translator to zotero-dev some time back. If the Files zone of the group has been archived, it could be updated for distribution.
  • edited October 21, 2011
    Excellent. Thank you for the information. How might I add that translator to my version of zotero? He (Jonathan) requested that the translator be added to a subsequent version of z. Did that happen? I haven't been able to find one, but I could be looking in the wrong place.
    Cheers,
  • I don't think the file is anywhere - that somehow got lost - you could try sending Jonathan an e-mail and ask him to re-post it somewhere and we'll try to put it up.
  • I've written to Jonathan to see if he has a local copy of the translator file.
  • Hi,
    I've got the same problem. Would it be possible to get the translator file because the Zotero_dev page says it is not available anymore? It would be really convenient for me. Thanks a lot.
  • It appears that we'll have to start over from scratch, unfortunately. There are some murmurings about possible inclusion of Zotero in undergrad writing instruction in my university here in Japan. If that goes forward, I'll be preparing an NDL translator as part of the teaching bundle.

Would be delighted if someone beat me to it though. :)
  • edited September 5, 2012
    Thanks a lot. Waiting forward for the tool !
  • NDL should now mostly work - you may get a folder icon on some item display pages - for those, switch to the OPAC mode - but otherwise this should work. I have mainly tested this with the English version.

Your copy of ZOtero will auto-update within 24hs or you can update immediately from the general tab of the Zotero preferences.
  • Fantastic! Thanks for putting in time on this one.
  • it's an Aleph catalog, so this was just a pretty small fix for an existing translator.
  • Thanks for all your hard work in creating an indispensable application!

NDL not working again.

I'm looking at both the regular catalog and OPAC and there's neither a folder nor an icon.

To be honest, I don't think it ever worked for me at least.

Any chances of a fix if this is an issue affecting users other than me?
  • edited August 1, 2015
    Yes, I see also that both links to NDL are not recognized by Zotero.

The first one is not an Aleph catalogue and I guess it was never working. You can export to RDF and import in Zotero and obtain some data.

The second one is an Aleph catalogue but we are not recognizing it currently. We have to tweak the regexp for the url (again)...
  • I've created a ticket for the new catalog interface here: https://github.com/zotero/translators/issues/927
  • the OPAC is now fixed. We have a path forward on the catalog, but no ETA.
  • edited November 30, 2020
    Checking in as it no longer works, and it would be great to have NDL support, though I realize this is something of a long shot. Just leaving a trace here so I can come back to the thread in case something happens.

Quick edit to mention that https://ci.nii.ac.jp/ is pretty good for most things, even granular articles in magazines, and the connector reads it so it's worth using that in the meantime :)