Invitation: hCite Microformat development

Hi, I'm writing to invite Zotero developers to participate in the definition of the 'hCite' citation microformat.
(If you aren't already - I don't know everyone's name)

I believe I read somewhere that the Zotero project planned to support hCite once it matures, but it would be useful to have your input while it is being defined, to ensure that it fits the needs of the Zotero community as well.

The best way to join the discussion would be to join the microformats-discuss mailing list at http://microformats.org/mailman/listinfo/microformats-discuss
  • Thanks for the invite, mmc. We have indeed been following hCite with great interest and would definitely like Zotero to recognize it in addition to other embedded formats we are already supporting (like COinS) and working on (like unAPI). I've just joined the list, and Josh Greenberg, another director, is doing the same. (We believe there are others at the Center for History and New Media who are already on the list.) Also, perhaps you and others working on hCite could keep an eye on our development process via dev.zotero.org.
  • Actually, I've been meaning to join the list for a while, so thanks for the nudge!
  • Cool, great to hear you guys will be listening in. FYI, I just realized my real name isn't in my profile - I'm Michael McCracken, and I'm interested in hCite because I work on BibDesk (bibdesk.sf.net).

I've also been lurking on the microformats irc channel: irc://irc.freenode.net/microformats
    in case anyone wants to discuss hCite. I'm 'mmc' there too.