Standalone - Snapshot markup/highlight HTML

Please add the web site snapshot markup function to standalone version as we know it form Firefox plugin. Otherwise works great with Chrome. Thank you! Martin
  • won't happen. The feature is no longer supported and maintained on Firefox either (there are good reasons - if you're interested search the forum). It's possible that a new markup function will be introduced in the future, but definitely not anytime soon.

It should be possible to find third party software (i.e chrome/safari/extensions) that is able to annotate snapshots.
  • I am now experimenting with 3rd party web annotation system called Diigo. I use Chrome extension. You can highlight any web and add sticky notes. Diigo remembers it and show it to you upon re-visiting the page (no snapshot taken). You can send link to the page with your markup to friends. Unfortunatly you have only limited space to make whole-page snapshots (~Zotero). My experience is limited. Is somebody using some other solution? I would be glad for your responses.
  • The Firefox snapshot markup function is still working for me in FF 15 with Zotero 3.0.8.

Not sure why that would be based on your message from April 13.
  • I wrote it's "no longer supported and maintained" - not that it's not working any more. It'll probably continue to work for most people and under most conditions on Firefox, but doesn't work on Zotero Standalone, doesn't sync, and any (non-security related) bugs that people find with it won't be fixed.
  • OK, Thanks for the explanation.