Idiosyncratic behaviour editing a citation to suppress author in SA

When I edit an existing citation to add a page number, <Return> <Return> sends the focus back to Word, with the citation updated. My guess is that this is 'normal' behaviour.

When I edit a citation to suppress the author (by ticking the checkbox), <Return> <Return> doesn't work. I must use the mouse to click the dialogue box at the top (where the author and date are listed), click a second time to get an active cursor, and then hit <Return>.

(OSX 10.6.8; ZoteroSA 3.0.7; Word 12.2.4 100205)
  • are you still seeing that issue? I can't replicate it (though on a different set-up). It's certainly intended to work with double <return> and that's how it works for me.
    If you do, does it matter whether you check the suppress author box with the mouse or using <tab><tab><tab><space>?
  • Still seeing the issue with my setup. But you're right - if I use <tab><tab><tab><space> then <return><return> works fine. Also, with the click method, <return><return> works fine if I click in another field first.

Must be a Mac thing...
  • I am having the same problem. Mac OS 10.8.1, Firefox 14.0.1, Zotero 3.0.8., Word 2011 14.2.3, Zotero Word for Mac Integration 3.5.4.r10141. I think this is a bug. If the cursor is in any other field of the citation window, return return will place the citation in Word. If the cursor is resting within the suppress author check box, no amount of return hits will initiate the return to the word processor.

JON