multiple references in MS word

I am currently using zotero in MS word. I was trying to cite multiple references on one sentence, and it doesn't merge the citation numbers. Instead, it just creates an array of brackets (I use an IEEE format). For example, what I want is [1-4], but what it does is [1][2][3][4] instead. Could you help me figure out how to get what I want? Thank you.
  • I don't know the IEEE format, but it normally makes a difference whether you insert your references one by one, or choose multiple references at once from within the insert reference (or edit reference) dialog. Are you adding your references one by one?
  • According to Template and Instructions on How to Create Your Paper from IEEE home (http://www.ieee.org/portal/cms_docs_iportals/iportals/publications/journmag/transactions/TRANS-JOUR.doc):
    Number citations consecutively in square brackets [1]. The sentence punctuation follows the brackets [2]. Multiple references [2], [3] are each numbered with separate brackets [1]–[3]. When citing a section in a book, please give the relevant page numbers [2]. In sentences, refer simply to the reference number, as in [3]. Do not use “Ref. [3]” or “reference [3]” except at the beginning of a sentence: “Reference [3] shows ... .” Please do not use automatic endnotes in Word, rather, type the reference list at the end of the paper using the “References” style.,

So, multiple citations must appear like [1]-[5] and never like [1-5].

This is a bug of Zotero?